Friday, June 26, 2009

Notes from Marina (marin71)




One of my Flickr friends, Gustavo (Hannap, http://www.flickr.com/photos/hannap/" rel="nofollow">http://www.flickr.com/photos/hannap/flickr.com/photos/hannap/came to visit in Israel. We met in Tel Aviv for some sketching and chatting. I’m an admirer of his works and was so excited to meet him! It’s a huge difference between looking at drawings on the computer screen and holding a real sketchbook! We browsed through each other’s sketchbooks, found so much in common - things that only sketchers can see and notice. After that we made place for ourselves in lovely The Streets coffee shop, we got some food and started sketching. It was perfect, I enjoyed so much! Here you can see how beautifully he drew me. 

2 comments:

  1. Marty! Thank you for posting it here! I'm happy to inspire other artists to meet. For me turning virtual friendship to real was so exciting!
    One day we'll meet too, won't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day soon, Marina. How is it said? "Next year in Jerusalem." How about "Next year near Tel Aviv."?

    Thanks for letting me post this.

    ReplyDelete